Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Final Exams

For some time now, God is been telling us that we are in a time of preparation. As He has said, He is preparing the hearts of a few (us), for He will soon be bringing many. The time of preparation is almost over. We will soon be on the stretch for Him, as George Whitefield put it, stretched as never before. We can do it. We have Him, and we have each other.

You have been faithful in the little things I have given you; now I am about to bestow on you great things and great responsibilities. Everything to this point has been a test. You have passed them to my satisfaction. Some of them, you had to take over “more than once” but you have passed, and you are ready for the next step.

It is a time of great preparation, of rapid review of everything I have taught you. For you are about to enter your final exams. Spring break is over, and it is time to bear down. Do so with joy. I will help you prepare. I will make sure nothing is lost or overlooked. I will guide your studies in these final precious weeks. I have not brought you this far, I have not invested in you all that I have, I have sustained you through all your adversities, to abandon you now, or leave you in any way comfortless.

Take my hand, as you have so often in the past, and let me lead you to the table I have prepared for you, in the presence of my enemies. For I shall anoint your head with oil, and I shall fill your cup to overflowing, and you shall dwell in my house forever.

A week from Friday, the Noon Hour is going Prime Time. On Friday, the 21st, from 7:30 till 9:00 PM at Tremont Temple, we are having our first evening prayer time. Ask Him, if He would have you be among that number. If He wants you to come, then you must come, no matter what roadblock the other one might put in your path, or sudden 'emergency' he might throw at you, to keep you from coming. If God wants you there, He will clear the way for you to come. And please, bring every friend you can.

-David Manuel

No comments: